Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day Food

Woke up to snow this morning, again.

In my 24.5 years of life on this earth I have never seen so much snow as this winter. I mean we were out of school for an entire week because of it. What do you do when you spend an entire week at home, trapped in because of snow? Why you eat, of course! And eat, and eat, and eat some more. I don't even know how many frozen pizzas and pans of cookies/brownies I made over the course of the snow-week. Hello overly-processed foods, goodbye girlish figure. Here is a little sampling of what my snow-week cuisine looks like:


Lunch: Sugar Cookies (which were also consumed for breakfast), Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast, Natural Light. Ya'll: If you have never had creamed beef you really have not lived. I don't even have a recipe to give you, it's just something you make...it involves flour, butter, milk, dried beef, and pepper...and it is heaven.


Supper: Scrambled egg with peppers and onions (finally something of nutritional value!) on a bagel, spicy store-brand funions (onyums or something?), and a little debbie chocolate cupcake. My friends, the little debbie chocolate cupcakes are a fairly new snack cake and they are divine.

--Sadie

No comments: