Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas


On a recent update to her website, Sonya Thomas discussed what is inhibiting her from being even higher at the top of the competitive eating world than she is now, and her explanation made me love and respect the Black Widow even more:

"What hurts me, for sure, is that I don't practice, per se, except for a minute or two to increase my speed. To be honest, and this may sound weird, but I don't like to practice because I love, so much, to eat for enjoyment. Eating is my biggest hobby in life -- thank God for my metabolism and health. As such, my not practicing is a double-edged sword. Though I might sacrifice a higher ranking at the expense of enjoying my food, so be it. I can live with it."

Its good to know that competitve eaters still enjoy their food.

No comments: