Monday, March 31, 2008

a covered dish meal of eating.

As a result of finding Kobayashi and Badlands Booker in my Economics text book, and this article which I found on eatfeats.com, I decided to write my weekly-assigned economic article analysis on it. I was more than excited to finally utilize my love of competitive eating in school work (something I have tried to find the oppurtunity to legitimately do for months now). Turns out, my professor liked it as well and I earned my first perfect score out of the 6 analyses I've turned in. I suppose I'll be trying to find more ways to write about competitve eating in the future. I've been trying to find some way to incorporate it into a future research paper on some aspect of the ancient world, but I can't think of anything that could suffice for six pages of comparison.

In other news, I went to Arby's yesterday and, as usual, split a DELICIOUS chocolate turnover. Readers, if you have not tried these yet, they are AMAZING. I could probably eat 20 of them and not even realize it, yet for my stomach, legs and thigh's sake, I chose the healthy route and just split one. Yesterday's turnover was exceptionally chocolatey and delectable. (If anyone didn't know this, an Arby's chocolate turnover is a flaky pastry with gooey decadent HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE filling the inside. Not only is it a choclate turnover but a Hershey's chocolate turnover, making it all the more amazing.)

There are a few times in life when you know destiny is on your side. Those times for me, are when I am bored out of my mind, flipping through channels during breaks of reality tv marathons and come across the food network and see none other than Joey "Jaws" Chestnut. It was an episode of Unwrapped that I had never seen before (it could have been new, but I'm not really sure); and it was about hot dogs. There was Joey with his room full of trophey's and belts and I was just plain excited to come across the food network at just the right time. This seems to happen to me quite a bit. One weekend on MTV, there was a 24 hour takeover by the crazy folks of Jackass. I just so happened to turn to that channel to see "Eater X" Tim Janus, Artuo Rios Jr., and Crazy Legs Conti (I believe... it's been a while so i could be forgetting who it was) eating hot dogs in a competition agains Bam Margera's dad, Phil. It's just great when competitive eating simply falls into your metaphorical lap.

Speaking of hot dogs, I am excited to know that Charlotte, NC is a definate spot for a Nathan's qualifier. It would be amazing to actually compete in it. I know I'm definately not up to par to make it to the superbowl of Competitive eating on the 4th, but I would be satisfied with being at the table in Charlotte and eating as many Nathan's Hot dogs that I possibly could. I hope they post the dates soon; the wait is killing me!

No comments: