Thursday, October 22, 2009

Salsa-holic

The Hungry Sisters have been known to be able to put down a lot of Mexican food. We are BIG fans of anything spicy, cheesy and drenched in salsa. We have searched high and low for the best mass-produced salsa and have finally found a winner:
On The Border Medium Salsa

Unfortunately, this fabulous find can only be purchased at Sam's Club (and you can't even find it at every location)...so when you do come across it, take our advice and STOCK UP. You will eat this stuff fast. I recently opened a 47 oz jar and within two weeks, I had single-handedly eaten its entire contents by myself. On top of nachos, mixed in tomato soup, or just sitting around eating chips and salsa, I can't get enough of it. The best thing I have made with it is a copy-cat version of the gone but not forgotten Wendy's treat: Chili, Chips, and Cheese (nacho chips topped with chili and lots of cheese; and in this case topped with On The Border Salsa too!)

I would be lying if I said I had never just eaten it by itself with a spoon. It really is that good. It is by far the most fresh, delicious tasting salsa you can buy (outside of going to a Mexican restaurant and buying the stuff they make there).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ingles carries it! ;)