Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hog Happenin'

Well, Tomorrow's the big day. My first big event as an unpaid intern. I'm excited about the eating contests which will be tomorrow from 8-9, and then Saturday from 12-1:30. The contests are set up with five eaters, chosen from people who had signed up and whoever eats the item the fastest will win a free t-shirt, bbq, or beverage bucks. On Friday, there will be Pizza and Wings from Court Street Grill, Donuts from the 36th Street Bakery, and Pies from Bi-Lo. Saturday will be the same, but with my new discovery that June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, I had to add that to the competition; therefore, the final eating competition will be the Melamoose Chocolate Ice Cream and will have eight eaters pining for the right to claim the prize of being the Lincolnton Chocolate Ice Cream Champion.

It will be fun, and hopefully everyone will have a good time.

On another note, I did practice my hot dog technique the other day. I did not use Nathan's however for my waistline, and wallet, I bought the low fat, 40 calorie Oscar Myer's Dogs. I know it will be totally different, but I had to make that sacrafice.

-Jamie

No comments: